Substrate Support Plate (SSP)
JB Hydroponics has developed a new gutter that prevents root problems and that is stronger than the existing steel gutters. A substrate support plate (SSP) is part of the system, this is a plate made of PP or PVC material on which the substrate rests.
This new gutter has all the existing advantages of a raised system, but also has additional advantages:
- Very large drain channel, water will always flow freely.
- The substrate supporting plate helps to prevent roots growing into the drain channel.
- Always a clean drainwater channel, waste can’t drop into the channel.
- No additional root warming due to temperature increase of the steel gutter.
- Less chance of pithium because the substrate lies not directly on the steel but on an insulated plate.